Injured at Work?
What To Do If Your Are Injured At Work
- Notify your employer immediately
- Get medical treatment
- Set up a simple system for keeping a record for all losses and expenses related to your injury. Save all bills, receipts, and other records for:
- Time lost from work
- Medical care and dates of treatment
- Payments to hospitals and doctors
- Payments for any other professional services related to your illness – nurses, therapists, etc.
- Expenses for medicine
- Special equipment or devices used in treatment or rehabilitation
- Transportation to and from doctors, hospitals, therapists, drug stores, etc.
- Get a workers’ compensation claim form and file with the appropriate government agency which handles workers’ compensation cases.